The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) sought out over 400 designers that participated in a study to determine the top kitchen trends for 2015 that I believe will carryover into 2016.
Overall, designers predict that contemporary designs will continue to gain in popularity with transitional styles ranked as the most popular with the respondents. Shaker-styled kitchens will be undertaken by nearly 40 percent of survey participants in 2015. Designers also noted that an increase in industrial chic and mid-century modern designs would also show preference this year.
White is still the most common color scheme for kitchens, followed by gray, although kitchens with multiple color schemes are becoming more prevalent.
Pullouts and roll-outs for kitchen cabinets are also expected to rise in demand as well as accessible or universal design features.
With this said, lifestyle, season of life and functional requirements will always drive kitchen trends, so here you go!
Top 10 Kitchen Trends for 2015
- Clean with an overall contemporary feeling. A fusion of styles and multiple colors in one kitchen.
- European-styled cabinets.
- Multiples of appliances in one kitchen.
- The rise of steam ovens.
- Furniture-look pieces.
- Outdoor kitchens.
- Fewer standard kitchen tables, replaced by counters or tall gathering tables.
- TVs and docking stations.
- Wine refrigerators.
- Focus on the user experience, from easy maintenance to accessible design. Considering the needs of all users in the space, including pets.
Kitchen design is going in the right direction, function and beauty at its height!